Our client is a specialist metal fabricator with a trusted reputation in their market. They have experienced 25% growth for the last 3 years, which has lead to the some internal restructure. They require an experienced Accountant to work closely with the board of Directors, ensuring the financial stability of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production of the month-end management accounts pack
- Production of monthly MI
- Providing commentary regarding variances
- Accruals & prepayments
- HMRC Submission for CIS, PAYE and VAT returns
- Costing, job costing
- Control account reconciliation
- Purchase ledger
- Sales ledger
- Credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Production is the annual financial statements and accounts, reporting to the external accountants.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the construction industry (trade contractor or sub-contractor preferred)
- Strong SME background
- Excellent knowledge of construction/contracting accounting practice (applications, various VAT regimes, CIS and retentions)
- Experience of fulfilling the all encompassing finance function: transaction processing, cash posting, CIS and VAT returns, reconciliation of applications and payment certificates, controlling an Order Book, monthly accounts, management reporting and Year-End preparation
You must be pro-active and prepared to go the extra mile, you would have the opportunity to make a real difference.
The client is looking to hold interviews as soon as possible. Please apply today or Emma Easton at the Strand Leeds office to discuss the role and company in more detail.