Purchasing Team Leader
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Team Leader to join a very busy business based in Andover. You will be responsible for placing orders and negotiating rates and suppliers as well as sometimes having to source for new products. This role will include managing another member of the purchasing team and possible another part time administrator.
- Preparation, analysis and management of all supplier rates
- Analyse quotations obtained and provide a comparison indicating most favourable supplier
- Manage & maintain stock levels
- Chase deliveries and ensure materials are delivered to the correct address and on time
- Ensure regular communications and development of supplier relationships
- Work with the team to source specials and process direct deliveries
You will have previous experience within a procurement / buying role previously and have excellent negotiation skills. You will have a proven track record of dealing with existing suppliers and maintaining relationships to get best prices possible, but also experience of looking for new suppliers and comparing. You will need to be a team player, able to report into management as well as leading two other members of the team to ensure the purchasing team runs smoothly and cost effectively.
Hours are 7.30am - 5pm and there is free parking on site.