Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions, we have a choir, a book club and a football team, and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We’re on the hunt for an amazing Programmatic Manager. Programmatic advertising is a key priority for Mumsnet and we are looking for a client-facing Programmatic Manager to help plan and execute our innovative programmatic demand strategy and to continue to grow this substantial revenue stream.
This is a great opportunity for someone to step up from a technical role to help with a company-wide strategy and be partly externally-facing.
You will be responsible for optimizing our revenue, conceiving and supporting new initiatives and balancing user experience, client value and trust. You will propose and run technology evaluations, DMP audience configurations, sales team training, collateral improvements and trading desk/client sales support. You are likely to spend around 30% of your time with agencies and clients, supporting the sales team and running some of your own deals. You will be one of Mumsnet’s team of programmatic experts and will report to the Head of Programmatic Trading & Ad Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of both a deep understanding of programmatic trading in all its forms, technologies, client-facing skills, and an interest in keeping your knowledge up-to-date through reading and I industry forums.
What you will do:
- Propose and manage new Mumsnet and industry initiatives;
- Take a lead in developing sales capability development, including sales training, developing collateral and keeping the team updated on all things programmatic;
- Deliver revenue from an agency patch that you own;
- Optimise revenue working with the Sales team and Ad Operations, including across direct, programmatic and partnerships, the performance of private marketplace deals and uptake of programmatic guaranteed trading;
- Take a lead with our Data Management Platform to ensure that 1st party daya is ued to maximum effect within our sales proposition;
- Assist the Head of Programmatic with tech stack, including evaluating tech vendors, troubleshooting and managing 3rd parties.
What you should have:
- Experience of digital media technologies and sales;
- Understanding of the Ad Tech landscape and its implications for both media owners and buyers;
- Experience of both executing and optimising programmatic deals, and understanding the challenges therein;
- Good understanding of pricing rules (floors), blocking rules and operational duties within ad serving;
- Good understanding of DFP or similar publisher-server;
- Ideally experience using Rubicon and ADX;
- Ideally experience of using a DMP such as Lotame, Bluekai or Krux and the ability to decipher the data;
- Ideally contacts with the programmatic buying community (preferable)
- Good excel skills and the ability to consolidate data from multiple sources for management;
- Adaptable and comfortable working a fast-changing environment.
What you must be:
- Organisation and management: good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in your workload. Accurately scope out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results;
- Interpersonal savvy: relates well to all kinds of people within and outside the company. Builds rapport easily. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse high tension situations comfortable;
- Building relationships: good at building long-term partnerships. Listens well and responds appropriately. Is sensitive to customer needs and concerns. Trades of short-term costs for the benefit of long-term relationships. Has a wide network and multi-level contacts. Puts self in others’ shoes;
- Intellectual ability: is bright and intelligent. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably. Described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
The role is five days a week but we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Apply for Programmatic Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly