DfT/166/17/MCA. Aviation Supplier Performance Lead
The role is responsible for the day to day monitoring of supplier performance and management information which supports the agreed KPIs provided to the authority by the aviation contractors.
Undertaking trend analysis across the range of contracts, to identify issues arising or promote continuous improvement in the service delivery.
They will also be responsible for arranging the appropriate governance and contract review meetings for all contracts.
• Assessment and independent verification of monthly performance information from all aviation contracts. Refine existing tools and develop an audit function to test and verify contractor provide provided data on aviation contracts, to ensure SLA and KPI standards are measured and where applicable Service Credits are applied
• Management and collation of data in support of contract review meetings with suppliers and reporting to Agency Senior Management and Executive Boards, for example, Balance Score Card and Dashboard
• Developing tools to collate, monitor and report management information against Growth Agenda, Sustainable procurement and Greening government targets for all aviation contracts
• Develop relationships with service providers to identify management information that will promote continuous improvement of service delivery across the aviation contracts. Utilising this relationship to capture and respond to information requests arising from central government or legislative change and Ad-Hoc information requests
• Day to day monitoring of supplier management information, ensuring capture of information as specified within the aviation contracts
• Manage and monitor aviation contract team risks that feed into aviation risk register
• Organise and support aviation contract team internal audit requirements
• As aviation contracts mature, roles and responsibilities of the aviation team will be reviewed and adapted to accommodate requirements as necessary
• Provide support and backup to the Commercial lead
The successful candidate will need to meet the following essential criteria:
• Excellent interpersonal skills - written and oral communication
• Ability to work in a team
You should use the Civil Service Competency Framework, referring to the relevant competency definitions for the grade advertised.
The Indicators listed on the attached document have been identified as most appropriate; please ensure that the evidence in your application meets the requirements of the role.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
Making effective decisions Achieving commercial outcomes Managing a quality service Collaborating and partnering
You must provide evidence against the following on your application form:
Making effective decisions Achieving commercial outcomes Collaborating and partnering
Civil Service Competency Framework
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent.
The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements.
You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a Disclosure and Barring Security Check may be carried out.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Salary: 29,832 - 32,367. Date posted: 10/03/2017