Field Engineer - Automated Test Equipment
Job Role: Field Engineer - Automated Test Equipment
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Field Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - GBP35,000
Our client is looking for a Field Engineer who will conduct the technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution. Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conduct technical training and product briefings with customers, vendors and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organisation
- Provide Maintainer support for operation, maintenance, installation, calibration and modification of Automated Test Equipment.
- Analyse electronic equipment failures to determine the cause and then take the required corrective action.
- Maintain test stations at an operational availability of greater than 85%.
- Provide guidance and training to customer personnel on operational procedures and techniques.
- Implement preventive maintenance programs and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment availability.
- Use Automated Depot Information System (ADIS) to order, receive, and ship assets to and from the Depot in USA ensuring compliance with both company and customer site policies.
- Perform site surveys, system installations and station movements as requested by the customer and authorised by Programme Management.
- Interfaces with customer representatives and maintains customer satisfaction with equipment and systems.
- Participates in planning and preparation of technical and progress reports on assigned projects including:
- "Maintenance of logbooks" for each test station, to include all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and failure data, as well as, system hardware and software configuration changes made to the system.
- Weekly status reports for each site through the on-line web site.
- Participate in weekly teleconference calls with Functional Management in USA and other Field Service Engineers.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Automated Test Equipment maintenance/test integration experience.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with troubleshooting computer hardware and software rebuild procedures.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Flexible, team-player with ability to manage high volume and multi-task activities within assigned time constraints.
- Comfortable with change and willing to adapt.
- Able to travel, often at short notice.
- Willingness to lean new techniques and software programs.
- Must be highly motivated, self-reliant and well organized with excellent time management and customer service skills.
- A 'self-managed' approach, as all work will be undertaken at individual customer sites.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work without supervision and be capable of making informed decisions, sometimes with limited information available.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements required for access to classified information.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.