Flight Simulator Engineer
Job Role: Flight Simulator Engineer
Location: North Wales
Salary/Rate: GBP25,000 - GBP27,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance (or willing to undergo)
- Provide maintenance support of the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE), and associated training equipment.
- Perform advance fault isolation, repair, operational checks, and preventive maintenance actions of simulators and associated training systems, to include host computers, visual display systems, electric control loading systems, computer networks, and associated electronic equipment.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations to include reliability, maintainability and logistical analysis.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solutions
- Comply with all Health and Safety Regulations and Quality Assurance plans within the Synthetic Training Equipment environment.
- Perform Daily Flight Servicing to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment is available to meet the training programme.
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment performance objectives are achieved.
- When appropriate, carry out repairs to unserviceable equipment removed from the STE.
- Provide support and assistance during Post Design Services (PDS) modifications.
- Perform any other task which can reasonably be expected by the Simulator Site Manager
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven Flight Simulator experience or transferrable Aircraft Engineering Experience. With the demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks.
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams.
- Solid understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories.
- Qualified in soldering techniques.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analyzers, Frequency Analyzers, and DVM's.
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication and Technical writing skills are a must.
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance (SC).
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations.
- Experience with Image Generators and Main Frame Computers.
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators).
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP300!
You will be required to hold a minimum ofSC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.