Field Engineering Manager
Job Role: Field Engineering Manager
Location: North Wales
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Field Engineering Manager - Permanent - North Wales - GBP55,000
- Assist/deputise for the Programme Manager as required.
- To develop and implement standard operating procedures for day-to-day operation of the Simulator Training Equipment.
- To schedule, in conjunction with the customer, all maintenance activities for the Simulator Training Equipment.
- To maintain an ongoing status of deficiencies existing on the Simulator Training Equipment, ensuring that they are rectified in a timely manner.
- To work closely with the customer to identify post design service opportunities and to communicate these to the MFTS Program Manager based in USA.
- Assist the Operations Director with recruitment and performance appraisal management of the maintenance team including identifying and recommending training requirements.
- Plan to achieve prescribed objectives for the Maintenance team ensuring ISO and IiP Accreditation is maintained.
- To ensure that all work is performed in conjunction with standard operating procedures for the day-to-day operation of the Simulation Training Equipment and provide coaching, assistance and leadership to less experienced members of staff.
- Report Health and Safety issues to the Business ESH rep and ensure all hazardous substances are identified and COSHH requirements adhered to.
- Continue to play an active role in the maintenance activity, including providing holiday and sickness cover where necessary.
- Represent the PM to the on-site Customer and be responsible for negotiation of the Service Credit Regime.
- Perform any other duties which can reasonably be expected by the MFTS Programme Manager.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable Flight Simulator experience. With the demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks, with recent experience of managing multiple sites and people.
- Broad knowledge of the MFTS programme and associated technologies
- Experience in standing up new flight training facilities
- Local knowledge of RAF Valley and key stakeholders
- Experience with IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience with Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2 as a minimum
- Recognised Management qualifications ILM/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams.
- Solid understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories.
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Experience of Customer facing role.
- Familiar with line management tasks, appraisal/discipline/development etc.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent Communication and Technical and Report writing skills are a must.
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations.
- Experience with Image Generators and Main Frame Computers.
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators).
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training.
- Qualified in soldering techniques
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analysers, Frequency Analysers, and DVM's.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP300!
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.