Ceres Power is a growing organisation and the purpose of this role is to support the Financial Controller in the increasing commercial and reporting needs of the business.
The role is part-time with specific hours to be agreed: input will likely be up to 2 days per week and the Company can be flexible in terms of working hours, for example to fit around the school run, possible term-time work only should it be appropriate.
This is a wide-ranging position with opportunities for development of the role as the business continues to expand. The key activities will be:
- Review monthly management accounts
- Help prepare and review annual and half-yearly financial reports including statutory disclosures
- Monitor hedging position of foreign exchange
- Help prepare and/or review grant claims and forecasts
- Prepare and/or review HMRC returns (Corporation Tax, VAT, PSA, Share Options)
- Review revenue recognition workings and liaise with project managers where necessary
- Help promote better finance processes and efficiencies
- Help prepare audit committee papers
- Ad hoc tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- A broad background of experience gained in a small to medium sized business, preferably including the manufacturing sector.
- Demonstrable intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated, flexible and approachable individual.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Questioning by nature and confident in challenging established norms to identify process improvements and implement changes.
- Possess an analytical approach with a clear passion for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people across the business at all levels of seniority.
Internal & External Relationships
- Financial Controller (and finance team)
- Budget holders throughout the company
If you're interested please upload your CV and covering letter through the 'APPLY' tab.
Apply for Part-Time Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly