Sous Chef Country Pub #Thornby Nr #MarketHarborough #Northamptonshire
The Red Lion, Thornby, has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Sous Chef or strong Chef de Partie to join its team. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of preparing and cooking fresh seasonal produce to rosette standard and be competent in all areas of the kitchen.
Our independent Country Pub & Restaurant has a thriving reputation and we work hard to produce consistently good quality fresh food with a high standard of service. Our kitchen caters for up to 400 covers per week, on a full fresh menu to rosette standard and we are proud of our friendly working kitchen environment that you will find rewarding for your hard work.
As our Sous Chef we would expect you to:
- Assist in the day to day running of the kitchen which includes preparing and cooking fresh seasonal food, placing orders, stock rotation and maintaining kitchen hygiene
- Have good communication skills and be able to work well in a team
- Display confidence and feel comfortable running service and managing the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Have the desire to improve your existing skills and learn from the guidance of our Head Chef
- Keep a cool head when the kitchen gets busy
- Good attention to detail and work in a clean and organised manner
- Have experience of working in a commercial kitchen at rosette standard and possess a professional qualification.
The position includes:
Salary GBP20000 - GBP24000 (depending upon experience)
Equal Share of Staff Tips
28 Days Holiday
This position has no live in option and would suit anyone living in the Northampton, Market Harborough, Kettering, Wellingborough, South Leicester, Rugby and Daventry area with their own transport
To discuss the position in more detail please call Simon on
Location: Thornby, NN68SJ