Operational Planner Assistant
Operational Planner Assistant
- Are you a problem solver, an analytical thinker, and a people person with strong negotiating and persuading skills?
- Would you like to discover how to use sophisticated software to create timetables for thousands of trains, and open the door to a rewarding career?
- Then Network Rail is your next career move.
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. Every day, across 20,000 miles of track, 4 million people use the network. What’s more, passenger numbers are still increasing. That makes the work of our Capacity Planning department complex, challenging - and vital. Because they’re the people who make sure we get the balance right between freight and passenger needs, and the importance of spending time maintaining, renewing and enhancing the network. It’s about crafting detailed plans for reliable train services, with flexibility built in so we can respond to future changes. Now you can be part of it.
Our award winning Operational Planner Assistant training programme will give you all the skills and knowledge you need to support the people who plan our timetables. You’ll learn about the strict rules and regulations that govern our work, and find out to create plans that meet the needs of train operating companies, their passengers, and the Network Rail teams who develop the network. Crucially, you’ll learn how to put safety at the heart of everything you do. Along the way, you’ll take part in classroom training, assessments, and placements across the rail industry. By the end of this 12 month course, you should be ready to apply for a permanent Operational Planner role, and shape timetables yourself.
Being at Network Rail brings its rewards, which can include:
- The chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways.
- Competitive pay (yours would increase to £22,500 in an Operational Planner role).
- A bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes.
- We also offer a generous annual leave package
- Up to 75% discount on season rail tickets
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 15 May 2017.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.