Director General, Market Frameworks
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has one of the widest remits in Whitehall and has a key role to play in making markets work well for business, consumers and workers.
As the Director General, Market Frameworks one of your key responsibilities will be to advise ministers and senior management on economic issues, including both strategy and operations relating to the following key policy areas:
- Consumer and Competition
- Labour Markets
- Wider business environment issues
- Additionally the Market Frameworks Group sponsors a number of BEIS’ partner bodies including:
- Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas)
- The Insolvency Service Companies House
- Office for Manpower Economics
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional leader with extensive senior management experience and a strong track record of delivery within a policy environment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of providing visible leadership to support long term strategies, with a proven ability to develop a motivated, engaged and high performing workforce and demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A rigorous and analytical capability with experience of formulating, leading and implementing evidence-based strategies, policies and programmes
- The ability to communicate complex positions and ideas clearly, and with impact, to a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with a complex set of stakeholders across a variety of organisations, winning the trust of those who may have differing or conflicting views
- The confidence, presence and impact to operate within a complex, highly regulated environment, garnering the respect and support of your staff, colleagues and counterparts in other organisations who may be more technically qualified than yourself.
In return, you will enjoy an excellent rewards package which includes flexible working, childcare vouchers and Civil Service Pension.