Deputy IT Director – IT Cloud
Reporting into the Director, Development, Testing and Operations, the Deputy IT Director, Cloud will be at the forefront of Government cloud strategy and deployment. Implementation of cloud infrastructure is essential and core to HMRC’s business strategy of maximising tax revenues for the UK.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Accountability for all IT infrastructure services and hardware within the HMRC IT estate, including the delivery of all cloud, virtual and physical infrastructure services.
- Responsibility for providing cloud delivery, capacity, storage, network and other fundamental infrastructure resources.
- Overseeing the migration onto the HMRC cloud platforms with our partners, ensuring it is cost effective and offers market leading value for money.
- Running of all IT on the HMRC estate and will be accountable for ensuring platforms run effectively and efficiently.
- Providing technical and business impact consultation on infrastructure, acting as a key stakeholder in incident resolution and undertaking Bridge Operations Incident Management;
- Engaging with senior Directors and HMRC’s Executive Committee (ExCom) to provide assurance that Disaster Recovery plans are in place for IT infrastructure outages.
- Providing leadership and direct line management for a team of approximately 50 staff. It is expected that this team will continue to grow to support the digital transformation agenda.
All of our Deputy Directors are members of the Department’s senior management team and are expected to play an active role in the ongoing corporate management and development of the organisation.