Commercial Administrator - Open to flexibility
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We’re on the hunt for a focused, enthusiastic, detail obsessed Commercial Administrator. You’ll be responsible for organising the activities of a busy commercial advertising team, taking charge of the administrational workload and using some creativity to keep our social media channels up to date.
What you will do
- Your primary responsibility will be to take the reins on all admin tasks for a busy digital advertising team of three
- You’ll be the first point of call for telephone and email queries
- Sales ledger administration
- Send monthly statements, invoice clients, process bookings and respond to client queries
- You'll use some added flair to help keep our social media accounts up to date - uploading images etc.
- You'll track the success of some of our activities in excel
What you must have
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English (this will be assessed)
- Great computer skills, including Powerpoint and some basic excel
- Show initiative and good judgment
- Flexibility, willingness and a can-do attitude
It’d be nice if you had
- Some experience working in a digital company
- An interest in blogging and social media
- Ability to play around with Photoshop
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 21st May 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!