Deputy Director for Prison and Probation Analytical
6 days left
- Full Time
Prison and Probation Analytical Services (PPAS) is a multi-disciplinary analytical division made up of four teams, with around 100 team members. PPAS enables and informs decision making across HM Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) and also provides analytical support to functions in MoJ’s HQ. The group works closely with stakeholders across HMPPS, MoJ’s Finance Group, and the wider department.
The Deputy Director of PPAS will report to the Director of Analysis, will lead a large team of analysts located at the heart of the department working across operations, finance, policy, and strategy. The Deputy Director will also be a member of the HMPPS Executive Committee, providing support and challenge to HMPPS on the use of data, evidence, analysis, and research in support of delivering HMPPS’s objectives, providing excellent analytical support to the HMPPS CEO and Directors.
The successful candidate should expect regular contact with ministers and the DG-level Executive Committee (ExCo), senior managers within HMPPS as well as key stakeholders such as HM Treasury and the Home Office.=
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking collective ownership for leading the analytical community and play an active part in the senior team to develop a strong, professional community.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that analytical work is delivered to specified levels of quality, on time and within budget, that analysis makes an impact and that analytical resource is moved between projects flexibly.
- Providing leadership, professional oversight and line management to the team, strengthening the capacity and skills of the unit’s and directorate’s staff by fostering continuous improvement and professional development.
- Providing data management, assurance and reporting service to HM Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) providing analysis and statistics services to other business directorates and teams, and supporting business and strategic planning.
- Developing and maintaining models to bring together forecasts of demand with the impact of reforms.
- Providing analysis to support major HMPPS programmes.
- Providing modelling and data to support workforce planning, pay strategy and negotiations, an
- Providing corporate reporting on future staffing and pay projections, working closely with Business & Financial Planning and Finance and HR Business Partners to ensure alignment of workforce and finance plans, and with the HR Reward team on pay bill analysis.
- Providing support to the Contract Management and Supplier Performance Management Teams, helping to analyse Supplier Performance as required, providing support in building sourcing requirements during the Commissioning phase of the contract lifecycle for some contracts
- Providing analytical support to produce data analysis and create forecasts for the purpose of commissioning and operations
- Providing ongoing analytical support in assessing the performance of various areas of the business and provide analysis to inform decision making
- Providing assurance to HMPPS and the MoJ on data and management information collected at agency level
- Delivering a research program to evaluate prison and probation interventions and operations.
For further information about the role and how to apply, please click on the link to apply.