Chief Data Officer
Do you have the vision and ambition to deliver the data strategy for the Department for Education? A visionary Data Leader is required to drive revolutionary changes right across the Department for Education (DfE). As Chief Data Officer you will conceive and implement full lifecycle data services and solutions to deliver exceptional value & continuously improved customer centric services.
To deliver this ambition, DfE are seeking to appoint a passionate, engaging senior Chief Data Officer who can enhance and shape a strong data function enabled service transformation on a massive scale. You will take complete accountability for shaping the data strategy and the exploitation of data across DfE.
DfE has some of the richest data sets in Government, and are undertaking a programme of reform addressing all parts of teaching & learning at every stage of life. High quality education & skills are at the heart of Government’s focus upon social mobility, this role is key to putting evidence at the very heart of all decision making and improvement investments.
- Own, develop and delivery of the Data Strategy for the DfE, ensuring all future systems and process change place data and insight at the heart of their design and operation. You will champion the use of data innovation within policy, risk & operations.
- Design & deliver clear data capture & collection standards from across the education landscape, incorporating other data collectors across the sector & Government, to ensure the effective delivery of high quality data products.
- Work with Chief Digital & Technology Officer, and Chief Analyst to embed resilient & continuously improved data standards, ensure all data needs are accurately captured, prioritised and incorporated into all data product delivery.
- Through exceptional delivery & stakeholder management ensure successful utilisation and exploitation of collected data to deliver Performance Tables, and other web based information services to schools, parents & the public.
- A proven track record of leading and shaping large-scale ‘big-data’ led transformation. Strong influencing skills, communication and relationship building skills will enable you to work across all levels of the department & wider Government.
- A proven leader of large multi-disciplinary teams, with highly developed people skills, you will have the ability to enhance and embolden a thriving data, analysis, and statistical capability within DfE. You will ensure the ongoing advancement of data as a critical contributor to policy and ultimately social mobility.
- As a proven Data Leader & Data professional your experience of driving value from data, and leading data centric change, will have given you a high impact and collaborative approach. You will ensure the needs the department, and Government, are met with consistently evolving high quality & challenging data products & services.
This is a truly exciting opportunity at the forefront of Government, enabling the Department for Education to deliver excellence across whole lifetime learning. This is a role which offers an opportunity to work at scale and scope rarely afforded in industry; creating a significant difference to the educational experience of millions of people.
Please reply in confidence, with full career and current salary details, quoting reference MRC/623451
The preferred method of application is online at: www.berwickpartners.co.uk/62341
Applications to be received by 16th May 2017.
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org