Internship - Digital Influencer Network (Paid 6 months)
Digital Influencer Internship
A 6-month internship, paying the current London living rate.
We're on the hunt for a creative, inspiring individual to help grow our network of digital influencers.
What you will do
- Nurturing and tracking our brilliant community of vloggers, bloggers, and multi-platform digital influencers
- Curating the best of our network members’ content and growing our reach through expertly targeted promotion, on site and on social
- Creating and commissioning optimised, can’t-miss content to help our members expand their skills and reach their potential
- Identifying up-and-coming influencers and reaching out to bring them on board
- Building the Mumsnet audience’s appetite for blogger and vlogger content
You'll need to be:
- A big fan of vlogs and blogs, with a passion for the power and potential of digital influencers
- A lover of all things social, with a particular interest in Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube
- Interested in digital marketing, particularly forging relationships between influencers and brands
- An able communicator and sub-editor with good writing skills and the ability to knock out stylish copy to tight deadlines
- Really efficient - happy to juggle different projects without dropping balls
- Collaborative, solutions-driven and hard-working
It would great if you also had:
- Vlogging or video experience
- Basic picture editing skills
- Experience of content management systems and knowledge of HTML
The role is five days a week and is based at our offices in sunny Kentish Town. We are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
We are hoping to fill this role soon and will be calling people for interview before the deadline - so if you think this sounds like your dream role, do get your CV and covering letter, to us swiftly. Please also include some examples of influencers you admire, and why you think they’re standing out in the influencer world.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.