Head of Finance
The charity is medium sized and excels at supporting local people in the community.
They work at the heart of some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people with the aim of supporting and improving their lives.
The charities core values are at the centre of what they do and are transferable to all their employees.
Medium sized, inspirational charity in the local area.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To manage and supervise a staff team working in the Finance and the Purchasing Manager.
- The development and day-to-day management of all the finances and finance services, general leadership and staff support, purchasing, administration and finance - and decision making within the confines of designated jurisdiction.
- To co-ordinate the finance of all residential establishments and work sections.
- To compile, in consultation with Heads of each Establishment and Committee (where appropriate), the relevant members of Senior Management Team, estimates of income and expenditure, 3 year plan, cash flow projections, capital estimates.
- To develop management information systems and ensure management information is received by all relevant people regarding budget and current performance.
- To exercise internal control
- To provide professional advice on all financial matters to the Chief Executive, Senior Managers and Governing Body.
- In consultation with the Heads of Establishments, to ensure that Finance staff in residential establishments conform to finance requirements and procedures.
- To manage the accounts, and produce annual accounts for professional audit, and make available all relevant information or documentation required by the auditors.
- To advise on the software and IT needs of the Finance Services and implement new systems as required and to ensure staff are trained in all new systems.
- Involvement in new operational developments and tendering processes for new services.
- Management of credit control
- Management of payments to third parties i.e. Creditors.
- Co-ordinate and meet the reporting requirements for pension funds operated i.e. Teacher, and the defined contribution scheme. Providing relevant returns to these bodies.
- Provide and control payroll service for all staff in accordance with current statutory requirements.
- Review of banking arrangements.
- Ensure that all financial systems of comply with statutory legislation and Charity Commission requirements e.g. SORP 2005/FRS17 and Payroll legislation. To review and develop as required.
- The delivery of an effective corporate purchasing function that ensures both quality and value for money.
Must be A Fully Qualified Accountant
Must have multi site experience including consolidation of month end accounts
GBP40,000-GBP46,000+ generous package