Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager, Near Swansea - South Wales GBP40k p.a. + benefits
Robust H&S Professional to drive change and positive safety culture through the business
As Health & Safety Manager, you will champion the H&S agenda, coordinating the H&S team and business systems to provide specialist advice across the Refinery. Developing and maintaining systems in accordance with relevant legislative and corporate requirements, you will ensure full compliance / continuous improvement in Safety Standards and the Health and Wellbeing of the workforce. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and monitoring safe systems to ensure health & safety of employees / contractors / visitors
- conducting risk assessments derived from EU / UK directives / regulations
- investigating / reporting incidents complying with RIDDOR and corporate requirements, etc.
- acting as contact for H&S Executive / local authority on occupational health and safety
- managing contracts pertaining to supplies and services that support H&S initiatives
- providing out of hours response to the site on H&S matters
With operations, offices and projects across five continents, our client is a world leader in the exploration and mining sector. They are a market leading processing, manufacturing and production company offering a fantastic working environment and the opportunity for career progression in both the UK and internationally.
As Health & Safety Manager, you will have a HSE qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivelent) with full knowledge of current UK Occupational H&S Legislation (PUWER, LOLER, COSHH, CAR, RIDDOR etc.) Experience of managing asbestos in the workplace, ISO management systems and working in a COMAH environment would be ideal. In addition, you will be a resilient H&S practitioner with experience of driving forward H&S culture through the business including:
- leadership, people engagement, team building and influencing skills
- ability to communicate and build rapport with internal & external key stakeholders
- resilience and commitment to process with time management and organisational skills
If you wish to be considered for the role of Health & Safety Manager, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272482R.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: Health & Safety Manager H&S NEBOSH occupational health & safety manufacturing production industry PUWER LOLER COSHH CAR RIDDOR UKATA COMAH Swansea Neath Llanelli South Wales jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.