Robert Half are working in partnership with a growing SME in the insurance sector to recruit a Financial Controller. Current business operations are based in London, Doncaster and Surrey with future growth plans across the South of England.This business is a varied, fast growing, exciting and forward thinking SME; they are looking for a hands-on finance professional who can look after the day to day finance function and also support the MDs with strategical and commercial decision making.
The successful Financial Controller will play a key role in the Leadership Team, overseeing the financial performance of a portfolio of companies while inputting into broader business strategy.
- Ultimate responsibility for and overall control of the Groups accounting function and financial systems
- Lead and develop the finance function from a strategic and day-to-day perspective
- Work with the senior management team to formulate financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the board
- Co-ordinate the production and review of weekly and monthly financial updates in accordance with Group reporting deadlines
- Continually review and update business unit KPIs, produce weekly and monthly KPI data, analysing underlying trends and identify variances for follow up
- Review of management accounts, investigation of variances and preparation and presentation of a monthly financial report
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met (including the FCA)
- Preparation statutory accounts and of tax returns
- Company secretary responsibilities
The successful Financial Controller is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and have a strong varied background with some experience gained within an SME environment.
This business is a sub GBP20 million turnover group that has ambitious plans to expand over the next three to five years. The Group owns, operates and manages a portfolio of investee companies located in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
GBP60,000 - GBP65,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.