Robert Half Finance & Accounting Northamptonshire are excited to be partnering on a retained search with an established, successful global manufacturing company based in Kettering to recruit for a very hands on Finance manager
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant or QBE with experience of working in a number one finance role in a SME environment where numerous responsibilities that are not necessarily in the job specification will need to be managed The Role
The role based Kettering as Finance manager requires a great depth of flexibility when it comes to day to day working agenda.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial management and day to day book keeping of the company Responsibilities
- Contribute to the Month-end process
- Expenditure Control which includes the responsibility for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets
- General Ledger - which includes the responsibility for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres
- Purchase Ledger - which includes the responsibility for accurate processing of all supplier invoices and for their regular payment (mainly by BACS)
- Sales Ledger - accountability for processing of receipts and all aspects of credit control
- Banking - management of all company bank accounts including company credit cards ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements; liaising on a regular basis with the companys bankers, bank reconciliations
- VAT - completion of quarterly VAT returns, EU Sales lists and Intrastat.
- Providing advice on compliance with VAT regulations as necessary
- Contribute to and co-ordinate the year-end process Liaise with external auditors and Group stakeholders
- To ensure accounts are compliant and presented within/to US GAAP standards. (working closely with External auditors and Group Head office)
- Day to day supervision of one accounts assistant
- Financial Strategy - reviewing company financial strategy (including the use of profits and reserves) and making recommendations to the Directors where appropriate
- Assist MD/UK Office Manager in the provision of Management Information Sales, Margin, Volume and Profitability Reporting
- Annual Budgeting and forecasting Monthly and periodic variance analysis. Monthly accounts reporting Weekly flash profit and sales reporting
- Cash flow forecasts
- Contribution report (Gross margin by SKU)
- Product Costings
- Provide ad hoc management information as require
- Investigate and implement improvements in the process flows within the Company
- Investigate and implement improvements in the use of IT
- To maximise the benefits of data capture and data analysis using SAP
- To implement specific budget/forecasting software
- To provide group and overseas departments with timely and accurate monthly P&L schedules.
- ACCA / ACMA or ACA qualification OR Qualified by Experience
- Relevant experience of working in a number one finance role in a sized similar SME
- Personal skills / attributes: Professional, accurate & precise, ability to manage multiple objectives,motivational, enthusiastic and down to earth.
- MS Office / SAP
The Finance manager role is paying up to 45k base salary plus 10% bonus plus and plus pension and private Health and Employee product discounts
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.