Robert Half Finance & Accounting Northamptonshire are proud to be partnering with a trendy and fun global organisation to recruit for a Logistics Finance Manager based in Wellingborough.
This sensational role is perfect for an outgoing friendly individual that can accurately analyse and report supply chain/logistics performance and ensure optimal decision-making across both the EU Finance and Global Logistics functions. There will be travel to central London 30-40% and the successful candidate will also manage a small team
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience from operational or supply chain environment with digital/E-commerce experience. You will be able to be in a board room one week speaking with global leadership teams and the week after you will be leading month end and posting journals where required. The Role
The role will require some travel to central London 30/40% of the time depending on how you can manage your stakeholders
- Act as strategic business partner to the Logistics leadership team; analysing trends to support financial targets, preparing insights & recommendations to drive and support business decisions, deliver P&L cost savings and productivity goals
- Also partner on capital projects and execution of other supply chain projects and initiatives, evaluating and tracking post-implementation performance
- Establish and maintain Logistics/Supply Chain dashboards and KPIs
- Analyse any variances to plans/budgets and prepare appropriate commentaries explaining these variances and costs
- Produce accurate financial and management accounts, including responsibility for month end accounting processes and posting of appropriate journals to the general ledger
- Able to articulate monthly results and analysis with global partners
- Build and manage the Logistics monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process, with relevant analysis and presentation to senior management
- Able to challenge numbers submitted by departments and highlight any risk areas
- Daily interaction with the Logistics, Head Office Finance and Customer Service teams, at a local and global level
- Build relationships with our Brands (UK & US) to support operational, tactical and strategic decision making
- Work with the Management team locally to develop their knowledge and understanding of financial processes through coaching and feedback
- Qualified accountant, with experience in a similar role within Finance in an Operational or Supply Chain environment, preferably within the fashion retail industry (or other FMCG)
- High degree of initiative and ownership, a motivated self-starter who is continually curious and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment where change is the norm
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to interpret data in various formats, and an excellent standard of verbal and written communication
- Able to meet deadlines, working with pace and urgency
- Can successfully balance multiple priorities, with a disciplined, logical and practical approach to problem solving
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and knowledge of Oracle system would be an advantage
The Logistics Finance manager role is paying between up to 60k base salary plus 15% bonus and flexible working hours and superb company benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.