Principal Hardware Design Engineer
Would you like to be working on the latest technology within commercial and military platforms? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Principle Hardware Engineer at their site in Kent.
As a Principle Hardware Engineer the successful candidate will be supporting one of a number of hardware design programmes.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with innovative technology and in highly collaborative teams.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, work well in collaboration with others, will be able to influence and present concepts to a broad range of Engineering stakeholders.
Principal Hardware Design Engineer - Permanent - Kent - GBP45,000 per annum
- Executing hardware design tasks in accordance with the hardware development plan, whilst meeting agreed timescales and allocated budgets.
- Conducting hardware requirements capture, preliminary design, detailed design including a range of analysis tasks.
- Conducting hardware requirements definition and hardware design architecture options evaluation.
- Developing the skills of Junior Hardware Engineers and Hardware Engineers.
- Experienced with the full life cycle or multiple phases of the life cycle
- Proven track record of analysis of design in safety critical, military or industrial hardware systems
- Able to demonstrate track record of successfully owning work packages and the effective allocation of work/technical oversight of work to more junior team members
- Strong focus on hardware design quality and robust design methodologies
- Electronic Engineering related HND/Degree or equivalent
- A working knowledge of RTCA DO254 and DEF STD 00-54/55/56 would be an advantageous
- Knowledge of High End schematic capture tool, signal integrity tool, high end circuit simulator, SPICE or other mixed mode circuit simulator would be desirable
- Experience of MATLAB would be desirable
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Principal Hardware Design Engineer
Salary/Rate: GBP45,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo