Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Working for Colchester United Football club, the successful applicant will be based at Colchester United's Training ground in Tiptree. The role will be to Coach all Goalkeepers in the Academy Development Phases, to ensure continual individual player Development and progression of the Goalkeeping Coaching programme.
Report to the Academy Manager and lead development phase coaches
Liaise with Academy Manager and lead phase coaches in registration, de-registration and re-registration of Goalkeepers. Progression and transition of keepers from age groups and from phase to phase. Develop the goalkeeping coaching syllabus to improve the goalkeeping program.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Report to Academy Manager and lead development phase coaches on the goalkeeping Coaching programme and player progression in the development phases.
- Monitor and report on individual goalkeeper development through the performance clock.
- Identify talented goalkeepers to develop through the player Pathway and progress through relevant phases, assisting in individual learning plans of all goalkeepers.
- Work closely with first team goalkeeper coach in developing and progressing best goalkeepers in the system and into the first team environment.
- Work with all staff in delivery and co-ordination of the goalkeeping coaching programme, develop the goalkeeping syllabus to determine best practice sessions and ensure continual improvement of the programme and quality of goalkeepers in the club.
- Deliver sessions to goalkeepers in all phases of the Academy programme.
- Involvement in individual Physical development of goalkeepers in the Youth and Professional development phases.
- Undertake all Coaching as detailed for the Thurstable Academy School programme.
- Assist the part time goalkeeper coaches ensuring continuity of training programmes through the age groups.
- Monitor the transition of players from Foundation Phase to Youth Development Phase and on to Professional development Phase.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
- Assist the Academy Manager and lead development phase coaches in the preparation of the Coaches CPD training programmes relevant to Goalkeeping and defending principles of play.
- Undertake enhancement of specific personal Qualifications and all CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- To undertake any reasonable Academy requirements as set out by the Academy Manager.
- UEFA A Licence, UEFA B Goalkeeper, FA Youth Award. Safeguarding. Emergency aid. DBS.
Staff must be aware of all Safeguarding and Equity and Diversity issues, along with all Academy and Club policies, rules and regulations.