Project Sales Engineer
Project Sales Engineer: An experienced Project Sales Engineer with exceptional interpersonal and technical skills is required to prepare quotes in their entirety for a diverse customer base, including end users, agents, distributors and contractors.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Project Sales Engineer will be responsible for building strong customer relationships and conducting order contract reviews for this leading, well-established manufacturer and supplier of aluminium bronze and high alloy steel valves to gas, petrochemical, oil, naval and marine industries.
- Prepare quotes, for diverse international customer base including end users, agents, distributors and contractors
- Provide technical and sales support
- Conduct order contract reviews to ensure that all technical and commercial aspects of a purchase order are acceptable, in-line with the quotation issued and clearly defined to enable manufacturing to commence
- Build effective customer relationships
- Visit customers and trade exhibitions - potential for some overseas visits
- Seek continuous improvement initiatives, and development of Best Practices within the sales team
- Input general data and update the computer system
- Scan quotes, file and do other general administration duties as required
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental policies
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification or a minimum of five years' experience within the valve industry or valves, pumps and/or associated systems
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills across different levels and disciplines within the organisation
- A clear and confident decision maker with a commercially focused approach
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages with a working knowledge of MRP systems
- Efacs knowledge advantageous but not essential
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven and personable Project Sales Engineer to join an independent, family run, well-respected manufacturer and supplier of aluminium bronze and high alloy steel valves, established since 1953. Competitive salary based on experience and benefits. Apply now for more details!