Part-time Business Support Manager
7 days left
- Part Time
Part-time Business Support Manager
Fixed Term (18 months) – 30 hours/week
What it’s about
Are you a motivated self-starter, who enjoys working in a busy office environment? Are you able to make connections, be persuasive and suggest practical solutions to problems? Do you love it when things run smoothly? Do you want to be part of a growing team helping learners and teachers around the world fulfill their potential? If so, the Business Support Manager role is for you!
The Business Support Manager is crucial to Cambridge Exams Publishing (CEP) meeting our business objectives and ensuring wider awareness of the team and we’re looking for someone with a flexible, ‘can do’ approach to join us. This varied role includes unit advocacy and stakeholder relationship management; training and induction; data management; quality assurance; risk management and legal matters.
What you’ll be doing
In this diverse role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth-running of the Cambridge Exams Publishing unit. Day to day the Business Support Manager works with colleagues across both organisations and duties include:
• Balancing competing priorities and changing workload, working on current priority for unit
• Achieving the best outcome for CEP and its collaborators by advocating the needs of the unit and its staff in internal forums, and doing so with a positive outlook
• Building relationships with colleagues across both organisations
• Problem-solving and persuading others to fulfil requirements
• Managing permanent staff as well as temporary support, allocating administrative duties
• Analysing information, preparing written reports and making recommendations to the senior management team
• Managing small scale business change projects, including those with an IT focus.
What we’re looking for
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have experience of managing business change activities, ideally within an international context.
You will have excellent relationship management, negotiation and communication skills and will be able to influence colleagues and decision makers effectively. This role requires high levels of diplomacy and the ability to engage and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the business, to pursue CEP’s strategic business drivers and requirements and ensure that expectations are met.
You will also be energetic, flexible and organised, able to work to tight deadlines, and will add value to the unit through your organised approach and ability to manage change.
This role has line management responsibilities of permanent and temporary staff, so experience of people management is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
The role is within Cambridge Exams Publishing, a joint educational publishing unit owned by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press. The unit provides world class English language exams preparation materials for candidates preparing for the Cambridge English Exams, including IELTS.
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
This role can be classed as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates with approval from your line manager.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19th June 2017 and interviews will be held on 6th July 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer