Part-time Projects Coordinator
Part-time Projects Coordinator
(1 year Fixed Term Contract)
Marine and Freshwater (Estuaries and Wetlands)
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of role:
ZSL is seeking a Marine and Freshwater (Estuaries and Wetlands) Project Coordinator for our Conservation Programme who will help ensure ZSL projects meet both goals and donor requirements, by providing administrative support to staff managing a project or a group of projects. Typically, this will include providing logistical and financial support, upkeep and completion of records in the ZSL projects database, contributing to reports and towards the development of funding proposals.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Section Head and relevant project manager(s) in tracking project activities to ensure that deliverables are achieved according to the grant contract, work-plan and budget.
- Develop relationships, and where appropriate build new partnerships with external stakeholders both in the UK and internationally.
- Organising project meetings and workshops, including the preparation of materials.
- Taking and producing minutes /meeting reports.
- Supporting the project manager(s) in the compilation of technical and financial reports to donors (and any ad hoc special reports) to satisfy ZSL or donor requirements.
- Ensuring that members of the project team follow administrative processes as necessary. In particular that that all project records are logged accurately in the ZSL Projects Database and that project reports are completed in a timely fashion.
- Sourcing, acquiring, and tracking equipment and materials to support projects.
- Preparation of risk assessments and other health and safety requirements.
- Some UK water-based field work.
The ideal candidate will:
- Prior experience in coordinating conservation or development projects is desirable, particularly experience in managing budgets.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification or have relevant work experience.
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with a range of people internally and externally.
- Have excellent organisational abilities and administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel.
- A good grasp of marine and freshwater conservation issues is desirable.
- Be pro-active and would become involved in the development / revision of projects, methodologies and reports.
Whilst this is not a technical role, this job would suit a graduate who has an understanding of, and passion for, the conservation of aquatic habitats and fauna.
Please note: This is a part-time (3 days a week), 1 year fixed-term contract (days and hours are flexible). The post holder will be based primarily at the ZSL main offices in London, Regents Park, but may occasionally be required to travel to collaborators based elsewhere in London and the UK. Some water-based fieldwork will be involved requiring flexibility in work hours.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button on the following link. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Interview dates: Monday 8th July 2017
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.