Senior Front End Developer
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier.
We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and driven Senior Front End Developer to join our tech team and write top quality code for our websites and mobile apps. You will be part of a very exciting team that is looking to grow and develop the mumsnet product embracing new technology to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
What you will do
● Plan and estimate front end development work
● Work with our design teams to provide a technical viewpoint in the design process
● Peer review and quality check front end work to make sure we have beautifully crafted pixel perfect code
● Be an advocate for front end technology in Mumsnet, showing us the latest trends, tools, techniques and inspiring work in the field.
What you must have
● 5+ yrs developing HTML / CSS / SASS / JS
● Experience developing desktop, mobile and responsive websites
● Experience of defining and working with component based design and code
● A drive to deliver high quality, right first time, pixel perfect code
● A good eye for design detail and finesse
● A passion for front end technologies
● Familiarity with common front end frameworks : jquery, jquery-mobile, bootstrap
● Experience working with : Git / Mac OS / Linux
● An online portfolio of websites or even better, a couple live sites you can share
It’d be nice if you had
● Familiar with popular frameworks: HAML, React, React Native
● Experience of Rails / Java / PHP
● Experience managing / mentoring junior developers
● Experience working for an online publishing organisation
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, links to your portfolio and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: Monday 21 st August 2017.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Please note that applicants must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered - we are unable to sponsor work visas.
Apply for Senior Front End Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly