Part-time Finance and Operations Assistant
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, all students leave school equipped with the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications. We do this through creating innovative educational programmes for schools that introduce new, more enterprising teaching approaches. Our work is reinforced and supported by more than 130 top employers including PwC, London City Airport and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital.
We are looking for a highly competent new member of the operations team. We need someone who pays attention to detail, is process driven and comfortable working with numbers and MS Office. The operations team is small and you’ll be reporting to the Head of Strategy and Operations, so you’ll need to be someone who can be relied on to get the job done.
From our three national offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, we currently work over 80,000 students in schools across the country, from Middlesbrough down to the South coast. This will be a structurally important role as Enabling Enterprise becomes a truly national organisation, working towards our goal of developing the skills of over 100,000 students across England in 2019.
(1) Financial management
Manage day-to-day financial activities, including to:
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, processing invoices and payments.
- Be responsible for the team expenses process.
- Support Regional Managers and other department leads on budgeting and reporting.
(2) Office management
Ensure the smooth running of all Enabling Enterprise offices including to:
- Manage procurement of office consumables.
- Assist CEO and senior leadership with diary management.
- Lead on organising whole team meetings and events.
- Manage the day-to-day office operations.
(3) Human resources
Working with the Head of Operations to support and develop Enabling Enterprise’s brilliant staff, including:
- Supporting effective recruitment of our rapidly growing team to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent.
- On-boarding all new staff including scheduling induction and completing requisite employment and reference checks.
- Organising training schedule for external and internal training.
(4) Organisational reporting
Supporting the team to effectively report on organisational performance against our goals, including:
- Supporting regional teams to monitor key performance indicators.
- Overseeing accurate and timely data collection by all team members.
(5) Senior Leadership & Administrative Support
- Assisting with the scheduling of school trips, and helping ensure that these are appropriately allocated between our school and employer partners
- Provide administrative and logistical support for marketing activities, including managing data sets.
- Assist with maintaining a cost effective approach to marketing through regular tracking of activities and providers.
- The option to get involved in hands-on delivery of programmes.
Key Skills and Attributes:
The key skills and attributes that will be required for this job are:
- Excellent organisational skills, including rigorously following processes, organising events, updating tracking systems, and planning ahead.
- Financial literacy and numeracy, with a basic understanding of financial management or bookkeeping.
- Independent worker, able to take responsibility for completing tasks and managing different streams of work towards achieving organisational goals.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn, including pro-actively identifying learning opportunities and going the extra mile to achieve results.
- Resourceful, making the most of our time, skills and funds.
- Attention to detail, ensuring a high accuracy of outputs.
Terms & Conditions:
- Working hours: Part time (24 hours per week; flexible)
- Holidays: 25 days per year (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- Pay: £23,000 - £26,000 p.a. (pro-rata based on 40 hour week)
- Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
- Start Date: Flexible
Closing date Monday 24th July with interviews 27th July – 4th August.
To apply, please complete our online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0O3C7mZMGw3msTXFDqRdLbeZjQsKEd2cey1lJw-hYGQxwEw/viewform?usp=sf_link