Director of Finance and Business Services
HM Land Registry has ambitious plans for the future. Through clear statements in the Chancellor’s 2016 Autumn Statement and the 2017 Housing White Paper “Fixing our broken housing market” the government's priorities for land registration are clear.
HMLR is focusing on how best deliver those priorities and support the strong land and property market - and continue to provide security for the financial sector who secure over £1trillion of mortgages against property through the register. Delivering in the most efficient and digital way, its ambition is to become “the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and openness of data”, aligning not just with its vision and values but also its heritage.
HMLR now needs to appoint a Director of Finance and Business Services focused on its values and objectives, with the drive and energy to work with Executive and Board in taking HMLR on its crucial journey in the public interest.
- Operating at Board level this role contributes to the corporate leadership, strategic direction, and management of HMLR. The role will lead on strategic forecasting, planning and performance.
- The Director of Finance and Business Services leads the Finance and Business Services team based at our Head Office in Croydon, together with Corporate Procurement, Internal Audit and Property Asset & Facilities Management at a number of additional locations.
- The role will provide a strategic financial outlook based on sound commercial understanding, and is responsible for the results and financial condition of HMLR.
- As a member of the Executive Board and Board to HM Land Registry, this role is key in the delivery of HMLR’s five-year Business Strategy and associated transformation.
- A qualified accountant with a proven track record in strategic financial planning and financial management at board level. Experience of being part of a senior leadership team, leading successful organisational level transformational change.
- Extensive commercial and analytical expertise, together with a flair for recognising and realising commercial opportunities and creating innovative financial strategies. Have wide-ranging commercial and strategic financial experience, preferably gained in a variety of sectors and organisations.
- Be a confident leader, committed to developing their teams to achieve their full potential. Excellent communication and management skills to lead and motivate staff as well as the ability to persuade and negotiate.
To apply for this post, you will need to submit the following documentation to us by no later than 11th August 2017.
- A CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years.
- A statement of suitability (around two pages of A4) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience to provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification.
- A completed diversity monitoring form. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way. The completion of the form is mandatory but includes the option ‘prefer not to say’.
- A completed candidate supporting information form.
If relevant, please also submit:
- A completed guaranteed interview scheme form if applying under this scheme.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote the following reference number HDS63386.