Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
We are currently representing a growing business within the retail industry and are looking to recruit a Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience working within payroll and strong, current knowledge of all HMRC statutory pay rates and tax levels.
Reporting directly to the Senior HR Business Partner, you will provide analytical and technical administrative support to various divisions across the business. Ensuring that all payroll duties are delivered in a timely, accurate manner and to the highest of standards.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the payroll provider and managing the payroll service relationship.
- Assist HR team/employees with daily pay queries and provide comprehensive updates of changes in SSP, SMP and statutory holiday entitlements.
- Monthly BACS validations.
- HMRC reconciliations.
- Manage KPI/Service reporting for HR team.
- Ensuring employee absence payments are in line with company policy.
- Manage the audit compliance process and employee data.
- Ensure reconciliation points between various data sources.
- Carry out monthly audits, and year end reviews with external auditors.
- Ensure all documentation is recorded in accordance with legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working within the retail trade is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient user of IT (Word, Excel, Databases, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet)
- Knowledge of pivots and lookups is essential.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in presenting complex data in an understandable format.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm manner whilst meeting strict deadlines.