Learning and Development Coordinator (Security Training)
Job Title: Learning and Development Coordinator (Security Training)
Salary: GBP30,150 per annum
Salary Band: B2
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 2
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time, 36 hours
Closing date: 03 August 2017 at 23.59pm
The Parliamentary Security Department are seeking two training specialists to support and develop the work of the Security Operations team at the Houses of Parliament; to design and deliver high-quality, bespoke training for Security Officers, Managers and non-frontline staff ensuring the key aim of the department, providing a safe, secure and accessible Parliament, free from disruption. Previous experience of delivering training in a variety of formats is essential, however previous security experience is desirable as the post-holders will receive training and have access to a wide variety of security advice.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a learning and development function, including working with various methodologies, design and evaluation of training initiatives.
- Demonstrable skills in delivering programmes to a varied audience taking into account different learning abilities and accommodating learners accordingly, to ensure effective communication and that all listeners are enthused.
- Demonstrable experience in working on projects, meeting deadlines and working on own initiative with limited supervision to a high standard, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.