Senior Digital Manager
Senior Digital Manager, London
We are looking for a full-time Senior Digital Manager based in our communications team in CDP's London headquarters, reporting to the Communications Director.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing organization. Focusing on our cutting-edge work on corporate and city climate action worldwide, you will play an integral role within our global communications team, which is responsible for CDP's external communications.
You will manage a growing team responsible for delivering CDP's digital content. You will evolve its approach to engaging with users and develop audience-focused digital plans. Our digital platforms and channels are evolving rapidly, with digital technology driving both innovation and influencing consumer expectations. Therefore pace of change is accelerating in our team and if you are keen to work in a busy and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you.
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the global system for companies, cities, states and regions to disclose and manage vital information on their environmental performance. CDP, voted number one climate research provider by investors, works with 827 institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. Over 500 city governments and 100 state and regional governments worldwide use CDP's system every year to report their progress on tackling climate change.
We are built on the belief that transparency and accountability drives positive change in the world of business and investment. Our strategic goal is to motivate companies and cities to disclose their environmental impacts, giving decision makers the data they need to change market behaviour.
We have key hubs in London, New York and Berlin. Find out more at our website.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage and develop CDP's social/digital channels ensuring that all channels follow best practice;
- Develop and implement CDP's digital plan, strategy and roadmap;
- Develop effective digital plans and content to support the organisation's communication campaigns;
- Be responsible for the continued development of CDP's website;
- Manage the publication and distribution of CDP content through digital/social channels.
- To produce high-quality visual content, including video, photos, and high quality audio for videos or podcasts;
- Use insight captured to assess the effectiveness of digital content. Recognise patterns and trends in a wide range of data and draw key conclusions to help improve digital communication and the user experience;
- Draw on knowledge of emerging trends in digital services and social media and apply this knowledge to developing content and channels;
- Identify and deliver creative solutions to reach target audiences through digital channels;
- Proactively build effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation to raise awareness and understanding of the digital strategy and principles; and
- Champion digital communications and seek ways to improve the team's digital capability
- Take a leading role in demonstrating digital improvement across the organisation.
Required skills and experience:
- Substantial experience in digital communications;
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to turn complex, data heavy information into compelling stories and content;
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating multi-channel communications strategies;
- Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms;
- Strong copy-writing and editing skills;
- Solid and demonstrable experience and interest in social media;
- Demonstrable knowledge of international media, including business, trade and environment media;
- Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications in a complex and competitive global media landscape;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships - including with senior individuals - including with senior individuals within organisations - both internally and externally;
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote climate action among cities, states, regions and businesses;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure; and
- Experience of line management.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of working internationally
- Experience of working within coalitions
- Experience of working on corporate social responsibility or sustainability
- Fluency in languages other than English
The role is based in CDP's offices in London. The successful candidate will work 5 days per week with occasional evening work.
You must be legally able to work in the UK.
Benefits: GBP38,000 - GBP41,000 per annum, flexible working, annual collective performance bonus scheme, initial 24 days holiday rising to 30 days over time, pension provision up to 8% of salary after 3 months employment, central London location.
Interested? Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining how you meet the key responsibilities; why you are interested in this role and how it fits with your career plan. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 26 July at 23.00 GMT but early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be notified of interviews.