Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 17 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club a football and netball team, plus there’s babyfoot; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day (unless you want to be away).
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for an agile delivery manager to join our multi-disciplinary development team. You will take responsibility for managing the delivery of our digital products, ensuring we meet our schedules, deliver quality work and maximise our team efficiency. You will be part of a very exciting team that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet product embracing new technology to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
What you will do
- Be responsible for the delivery and quality of our digital products and services.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the team, ensuring work is planned, team members are briefed and the team is delivering to schedule.
- Identify dependencies, obstacles and blockers, and help the team to overcome them.
- Understand our business drivers and technology in enough detail to anticipate and deal with risks and issues that may impact delivery.
- Maintain a motivated team, ensuring all team members are collaborating and working well
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques.
What you must have
- 8+ years running digital media implementation projects.
- Strong experience as an Agile Delivery Manager, Development Manager or Scrum Master.
- Excellent knowledge of agile principles, process and practices (Kanban / Scrum).
- Good understanding of web & mobile technologies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to be a pragmatic solution finder who’s used to making project trade-offs and decisions.
It’d be nice if you had
- Certified Scrum Master and/or PMP qualification.
- Experience of JIRA.
- Familiarity with IT architecture, operational service and DevOps.
- Experience working for an online publishing organisation.
This is a full-time, 5-day week role based in our offices in Kentish Town.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 11th October 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!