Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for an experienced web designer who has a passion for creating exceptional user experiences and understands the importance of great design.
You will be joining our product development team, where you’ll be responsible for crafting beautiful interfaces to our websites and apps, creating campaigns, microsites and much more.
You will already have had several years experience and will be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to deliver cutting edge mobile-first design.
What you will do
- Produce detailed, component-based design deliverables, including page layouts, information graphics and more.
- Work directly with stakeholders to visualise product ideas and requirements
- Work closely with the team to explore concepts and deliver functionality
- Work with the development team to successfully implement your designs
- Mentor junior designers.
What you must have
- Strong mobile-first design skills, across both websites and apps
- A thorough grasp of digital design, animation and typography, with a good knowledge of current and emerging techniques
- Strong skills with relevant design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- A fantastic portfolio of digital product design which has been built and delivered to users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It’d be nice if you had
- Experience of working on large publishing or community websites.
- User experience design and wireframing skills.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, a covering letter and portfolio of real-world projects you are unreasonably proud of.
Deadline for applications is: Friday, 8th September 2017.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!