Are you our new Visual Designer?
Visual Design Lead
GBP30,000 - GBP40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full time. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally work will be carried out during normal office hours. We're a flexible employer.
This is a permanent position. The period of notice is one month in writing on each side. There is a three months' probationary period.
We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
What will you be doing?
As a midweight Visual Designer you will contribute to our value capturing and communications, ensuring that our work is documented, published and disseminated in engaging ways. In doing so, you will use great graphic, information visualisation and interaction design, as well as draw, build, push pixels and prototype in equal measure. You will be creating pixel perfect usable designs, creating videos and animations, and developing web and mobile applications that turn concepts into reality.
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to implement innovative solutions for service and product visuals and experience.
- Create engaging and innovative visualisations for a variety of projects as part of working closely with service designers, insight specialists, data scientists and developers.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to deployment.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas effectively.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Engage with user research and evaluate user feedback.
Skills and Experience:
- BA in Interaction Design, Digital Design or related.
- Relevant experience as a digital designer.
- An impressive portfolio of own-designed web sites, mobile apps and digital applications.
- Evidence of experience in creating storyboards, site maps, and wireframes.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, InVision or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
11th August - CV Screening, if you're successful you will be contacted w/c 14th August
17th/18th August - First Interview, if you're successful you will be contacted w/c 21st August
30th/31st August - Potential Second Interview
We will keep you informed throughout the process.
Want to apply?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal. Please ensure all three are saved in one PDF and attached under CV.
Please note: The portfolio is compulsory, either as attachment or a website. We are interested in seeing your process, so feel free to include stages of your projects.