Planning and Business Performance Analyst
Future Cities Catapult -Planning and Business Performance Analyst
Location: Central London
Salary: GBP37,000 - GBP42,000
Reporting to: Head of Strategy, Policy and Impact
Contract: Full time, permanent, with three months' probation
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays (3 days during Christmas)
Future Cities Catapult strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
What Will You Be Doing?
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, Policy and Impact this role involves policy analysis and performance reporting activities servicing the needs of Future Cities Catapult Executive Management Team, Board and main funding body, InnovateUK. As Planning and Business Performance Analyst you will also be required to work cross-functionally to design and develop, and deliver, excellent planning, strategy and reporting (including. Specifically, this will include the need to make a significant contribution to the production of key plans and performance reports, including the Five-Year Delivery Plan, Annual Plan and Quarterly Performance Report.
- Work closely with the Project Management and Finance teams, as well as more widely across the organisation, to gather, analyse and evaluate information on the Catapult's activities and projects with partners.
- Contribute analysis, planning and writing of the Five Year Delivery Plan and Annual Delivery Plan.
- Oversee the production of regular reports for C-Level Management, the Board and InnovateUK, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Help design, develop and implement business management practices to enhance planning and reporting across the Catapult.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of information on the Catapult's core activities, projects and resources, making use of existing systems (e.g. Salesforce, SAP) and processes (e.g. working closely with analysts and team administrators).
- Interrogate and draw trends from the evidence base to inform strategic decision-making by the C-level Management and the Board, and use to respond to frequent information requests from InnovateUK and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage strong working relationships with consultants, key contacts at InnovateUK (e.g. Relationship Manager, Monitoring Officer) and peers at other Catapults, representing Future Cities Catapult's interests in these networks.
- Be immersed in our contractual Key Performance Indicators, champion them internally to ensure alignment with project delivery, and keep abreast of changing reporting requirements as these evolve.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of five years' experience in a strategy-related and analytical role
- Degree in economics, business, maths, or other relevant area with excellent academic record
- Have excellent commercial and business awareness
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail and strong report writing ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Adept at synthesising a wide range and volume of information, both qualitative and quantitate, into reports and actionable decisions
- Excellent written English and producer of high quality, concise written reports
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good at managing relations with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, being persuasive and approachable
- High competence in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick grasp of concepts relating to business management information and reporting
- Self-starter, ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational setting
- Experience using Salesforce, SAP or other equivalent contact management or reporting software
- Familiarity with either the public sector and technology start-ups
- Understanding of innovation, including innovation policy
- Understanding of the issues facing cities