HR Assistant - Part Time
HR Assistant – Part Time Contract Role (Maternity Cover for 9-12 Months)
Closing Date: 31st August 2017
Leading the world in essentials for a better life. That's what we are all about.
Kimberly-Clark seeks original thinkers to create solutions for our consumers
Employees are our most valued resource and are at the centre of everything we do. Their talent, diversity and commitment are crucial to our innovation and success.
We recruit great people. Our trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for nearly one-quarter of the world's population. To maintain this trust and pioneer new products, we seek people who share our passion for excellence, teamwork and original thinking.
Billions worldwide choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That's a big responsibility and one we all take seriously.
- In business for almost 50 years
- Nearly one-quarter of the world's population purchase our products every day
- With brands like Andrex, Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 brand share in 80 countries
As a Bloomberg best UK Employer 2016 and a global organisation we are able to offer exceptional career development opportunities all around the world. As a result of our continued success we are now seeking a HR Assistant to work within our UK based Human Resources Team.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a forward thinking, proactive individual who has some HR experience but is hungry to develop further and keen to get involved with all aspects of the HR arena.
You will be based in our Barrow Mill carrying responsibility for HR Administration and employment processes. Your HR experience will help you to provide employees from with accurate, timely and meaningful administrative support through the use of a variety of systems and processes used to input, produce and maintain accurate information.
You will use your strong communication skills to liaise with employees and team leaders and provide them with information and responses to queries in a professional and efficient manner ensuring that the service provided is of a very high standard.
By working collaboratively with the wider HR team, you will gain and share information and knowledge in order to deliver a seamless HR service and assist in the delivery of the UK people strategy.
Other duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for department administration including all payroll activity for the mill, ensuring that information is accurate and sent to Kingshill to meet agreed payroll deadlines.
- Responsible for short term business visitors process, long service awards, purchase requisition, management of the electronic filing system and insurance claims management.
- Administer changes to employee’s terms and conditions including paperwork and WorkDay systems updates.
- Supporting employees through resolution of queries and assistance in the management of employee relations.
- Investigate non-standard enquiries and interpret policies - communicating or escalating to the relevant HRA or HRM as appropriate.
- Production of ad-hoc reports.
- Organising and communicating employee news and events such as, Children’s party, cycle scheme, social fund and special events.
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of HR services to the corporate sites including soliciting feedback and undertaking projects.
- Assist in compliance with all relevant employment legislation and company procedures contributing where necessary
- Support the HR team when required in departmental activities such as recruitment including pre-employment screening and psychometric reasoning test and interviewing and selection processes.
- Assist in the implementation of the company’s disciplinary and grievance policy and any investigations (note taking).
To be considered, you will need:
- Diploma or equivalent experience in Human Resources department
- Sufficient experience within a similar HR role
- Demonstrable understanding of relevant legislation and HR related compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations, acting with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative
- Ability to analyse data and compile reports
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Proven understanding of both office systems and HR systems
- Demonstrates drive, commitment and a desire to learn and progress - continuously improve
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR team, sharing information and knowledge – build trust
- Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role
- The right or ability to obtain the right to work in the UK. This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role
- Experience of working within a complex matrix structured organisation
- Experience of Workday Recruiter software or similar
- Experience of working in HR in a manufacturing, unionised environment
Come join us!
At Kimberly-Clark UK, we know how hard our employees work and the contributions they make to our business. As such we offer attractive packages that not only include some fantastic benefits such as performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme with life assurance, private healthcare, 25 days' annual holiday but also a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to tailor your choices to suit your needs (share scheme, dental insurance, gym membership, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, dining cards and health screening are just some to mention).
Kimberly Clark are a premium branded FMCG, voted Bloomberg Best UK Employer 2016 because of our family friendly ethos with agile working hours. In some sites we even have half day Friday’s in the summer months and on site fitness classes such as yoga, pilates and Zumba!!
Check out the video below to find out more about working at Kimberly Clark –
If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
KC are a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign.
*Please note that this role will remain advertised internally until an offer of employment has been made.