Functional Skills Maths Tutor
Functional Skills Maths Tutor 19+
Salary: FTE GBP28,420 (for a 35 hour week - pro-rata)
Hours of work: 17.5 hours a week
- 5% Pension Contribution after 3 months
- Childcare Vouchers
- 25 days annual leave (increasing one day per year)
- Additional 10 days pro-rata bonus leave (after three months)
The 19+ Functional Skills Tutor will be responsible for delivery of Functional Skills mathematics up to level 2. This will include the planning and delivering of high quality teaching, learning and assessment to groups and individuals. The 19+ Functional Tutor must enjoy teaching, be committed to ensuring that young adults achieve their qualification and have a passion to see them succeed. They will work effectively with other tutors, coaches, managers and employers to plan effective interventions to ensure learners achieve and positively progress. They will also be responsible for examination scheduling and revision/re-take workshops.
- Prepare Functional Skills maths schemes of work and lesson plans for learners on vocational and traineeship provision, which include appropriate differentiation
- Deliver Functional Skills maths sessions according to the high quality standards set for the course and qualification standards, considering session evaluation and improvements
- Liaise with the Examination Officer and other key staff to set up Functional Skills maths examinations
- Assess according to formal guidelines and to internal verification standards
- Manage learner behaviour in the training room, and when on City Gateway premises and on other business - e.g. trips.
- Manage attendance and retention for specified groups of learners through rigorous application of relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete tutor records, all tracking, and monitoring of learner progress and development to ensure high accreditation pass rates and good retention
- Other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department - To include but not exclusive to attending training, traveling to and participating in meetings with corporate partners, covering for occasional staff absence, participating in course review and evaluation, and internal and external quality assurance processes.
- Actively follow City Gateway policies e.g. Safeguarding, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety etc.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check in compliance with City Gateway's DBS & Risk Assessment Policy
Please view the full job description for a person specification.
How to apply
To apply, please send in a CV accompanied by a Covering Letter explaining your interest in working for City Gateway and your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: 25th August 2017 at 12noon