Programme Coordinator (Young Adults)
The Winch is a children and young people's charity in Swiss Cottage, North London. Our mission is to help each child succeed, regardless of their circumstances, by giving them the opportunities and support they need, from cradle to career. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our youth work team and develop our offer for 18 to 25 year olds.
The Post-Secondary Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the youth team at the Winch and will be responsible for leading the delivery of The Company (The Co.) - The Winch's enterprise incubator programme - as well as collaborating in the design and delivery of further activities and programmes for 18 - 25 year olds. These activities will aim to bridge young people experiencing difficulties into existing specialised services, assist young people to develop the character strengths needed for them to succeed and facilitate youth-led social and community action.
The Post Secondary Coordinator will be expected to::
- Deliver our enterprise programme, The Company, for marginalised young people covering content centered on business development and financial planning, activities, events and up to two residentials per cohort.
- To develop and maintain relationships of longevity, quality and trust with current and new service users.
- To plan and develop the activities for service users alongside the Youth Work Manager, Promise Worker and key partners, stakeholders and volunteers.
- To be responsible for organisation, coordination and administration of programmes and activities within the post-secondary segment of the Youth Department.
- To manage and support volunteers supporting post-secondary activities including the Business Mentors supporting young people on The Company.
- To undertake monitoring, evaluation and reporting with a focus on accountability, learning and impact.
- To contribute to The Winch through dialogue about the identity, ethos and aims of our work with young people.
To apply, please download the job pack and send a two-page CV and supporting statement/cover letter. Please ensure that your application fully addresses the key responsibilities and person specification in this application pack. The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 3rd September 2017.
Applications sent without a covering letter will not be considered.