Deputy Director, Workforce Strategy
This is a new post that will provide Senior Civil Servant (SCS) leadership to a small Workforce Strategy Team split across Leeds and London within the Department of Health.
Key accountabilities are:
• oversight of the Secretary of State’s weekly Workforce meetings, working with policy colleagues, Health Education, NHS Improvement, NHS England to drive progress on the workforce agenda and develop advice and proposals as requested.
• ensuring a strategic and coherent approach to workforce policy across the Directorate;
• providing high quality secretariat support to the Ministerially chaired Workforce Steering Group, which brings key arms-length bodies together to agree consistent policy across the national architecture;
• responsibility for coordination of health and care workforce policy on leaving the European Union, taking the lead on immigration policy as it impacts on health and social care;
• securing cross system agreement to a strategy to ensure that the NHS has the right number of high quality leaders that it needs, now and in the future;
• leading development of a social care workforce strategy;
• administration of a national scheme that rewards doctors for academic and clinical excellence.
Details of the required skills and experience can be found on pg.8 of the Candidate Information Pack.