Application Specialist - Wimbledon, London
My client has an exciting opportunity to join their Project Delivery team as a Application Specialist. The role will report to the Project Delivery Lead, with excellent progression prospects for the right candidate.
The role will involve being a part of the team that delivers a customised organisation system to the client. The successful candidate will work with the Project Manager to deliver kick off meetings, configure the company system as per the agreed specification, deliver training using remote methods to ensure clients are competent to use and maintain the system following go-live.
The Application Specialist will be an integral member of the Project Team and responsible for oversight and delivery of configuration. There will be occasions where the role will be required to lead on elements of requirements gathering under instruction of the Project Manager.
This is a client facing role and will require close co-operation and team working with other members of the Project Delivery and Professional Services teams to deliver company solutions tailored to the client needs.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead the configuration of company system to meet customer requirements, under the direction of the Project Manager and working with Project Support to delegate as required
- Provide remote training to customers to ensure they are competent to use company software
- Deliver requirements gathering sessions for sections of a module as directed by the Project Manager
- Plan and facilitate online trainer-led sessions from the organisation offices based on training team's standards
- Work with Project Manager to attend and provide support at kick off meetings
- Where appropriate, deliver checkpoint meetings, either onsite, remotely or a combination
- Assist in updating course materials and marketing material
- Assist in testing new versions of the software
- Establish and maintain a solid understanding of the company software
The ideal candidate will have the following technical experience, skills and qualification:
- Candidates must be of graduate calibre with excellent written and verbal English
- Strong analytical ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical software and implementation issues
- Ability to deliver a professional image
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including business and phone etiquette
- Knowledge of software implementations, system workflows, implementation best practices and project management
- Fast learner with the ability to absorb complex software information quickly
- Ability to translate sometimes complex technical information into a form that less technically minded users are able to understand
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet agreed SLA's
- Self-motivated team player with strong inter-personal skills
- Experience of working in the UK healthcare market
- Experience implementing or training on software systems
- Experience in a customer facing support role
If interested in this opportunity either apply directly for this advert or e-mail