Part-time Finance Manager
Part-time Finance Manager
Compliance Online Limited (ComplianceOnline) is the leading provider of regulatory intelligence for the gambling, payments and blockchain industries. Founded in 2006, our large and experienced team of in-house analysts and journalists provide the critical information industry professionals need to understand regulatory change. Based in London, Washington D.C., California and Taipei, we partner with many of the world’s leading corporations, regulators, governments and industry stakeholders to provide a true single source solution for business information.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Working with other members of the business, supporting them with financial information to help them run their departments effectively.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, banking and other financial needs as necessary
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Responsible for all accounting functions
- Coordinate Q closings and produce reports
- Manage receipts, payments and invoices processed
- Oversee and maintain HRMC information
- Create and manage annual/Q budgets
- Completing trial balance from cash book to completion including accruals, prepayments, deferred income, depreciation adjustments
- Cashflow management and bank reconciliations
- Daily cashflows
- Invoicing and card payments
- Help build business plans
- Review pricing strategies
While you will be working closely with others in the business who raise invoices, complete payroll and credit control this role does not come with any direct reports. This is a “soup to nuts” role with you being the only person with access to the SAGE accounting system and therefore able to post receipts and payments from the bank statements and subsequently post journals for accruals, prepayments, deferred income and depreciation.
The company employs approximately 60 sociable and supportive people resulting in an extremely friendly working environment.
Finance Manager - Skills and Qualifications: Several years of experience in a finance role; superior mathematical skills; leadership skills and experience; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
You will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 7 years in a business or finance environment. Experience using Sage is essential. ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualifications are prefered. If not must be AAT minimum part-qualified. Strong mathematical skills; honesty; reliability; organisation skills; computer skills and understanding data privacy.
Hours of work:
3 days a week, 1 week at the end of each Q.
- Experience using Sage
- Advanced excel skills
- Google docs (but can be learnt)
Apply for Part-time Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly