Deputy Bio Facility Manager
- Full Time
Exciting opportunity to join our new facility in Cambridge and continue to enhance your abilities within life sciences.
Agenda has a unique opportunity for an experienced Deputy Bio-Facility Manager to work in a new facility based at an established research park in the Cambridgeshire area. The successful candidate will be joining our facility management team in working towards new advances in research and contributing to in vivo studies.
The ideal candidate will form a communication bridge between the team of animal technicians and the research staff to ensure the best and appropriate care is given to the animals.
- IAT Membership qualification level 3 or equivalent
- NACWO qualification (desirable or willing to undertake course)
- Home Office Personal Licence holder including modules A-C (essential)
- Supervisory/management experience or training within an animal laboratory environment
- In-depth experience of working in an animal research environment is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of aseptic techniques and the ability to perform aseptic surgical procedures and knowledge of breeding colonies
- Flexible approach to work and supporting additional hours where required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing technical procedures using your home office license and liaising with researchers
- Being responsible for the overall welfare of the animals whilst undergoing studies in all species
- Day to day care, welfare and general husbandry of rodents
- Maintaining transgenic breeding colonies and recording breeding programmes
- Cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the unit, working to a high standard of cleanliness and health and safety at all times
- Recording data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare
- Liaise with the Agenda group on future and ongoing projects.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.