Estates and Facilities Manager (Truro) -Truro and Penwith College
The Trust is seeking to recruit an individual to the newly developed post of Head of Estates and Facilities to support effective estates management and development across the Trust.
The role will be to contribute to and lead the implementation of an estates strategy for the Truro and Penwith Academy Trust. This will include working in partnership with the Headteachers and their staff in each academy, to facilitate the management of all aspects of the academy properties including maintenance, security, health and safety and facilities management.
Also to manage refurbishment, expansion and other building advancements in terms of developing, procuring and implementing building projects.
Accordingly, we are seeking an individual who is able to work collaboratively with a range of people across multiple sites to ensure maintenance of each of the academies, combined with a wider understanding of estates planning and development which would deliver the objectives for each individual academy and the Trust as a whole. The successful candidate will have:
Substantial experience and relevant qualifications in the estates and facilities management role are required as follows:-
- An understanding of the importance of systems and processes in maintaining a safe, compliant and fully functioning estate
- A strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations relating to the estates function
- The ability to manage external contractors and ensure value for money in contract delivery
- Good communication skills with the ability to manage and balance a variety of stakeholder requests and aspirations
- Well-developed planning, organisational and budget management skills
- A full driving licence, with access to a vehicle to travel across the sites
The Trust currently includes 17 schools, 1 secondary school and 16 primary schools. Further schools are in the process of joining in the autumn term.
Any questions or matters you would like to discuss informally please contact Judy Brinson, Trust Business Manager on .
Interviews are likely to be held week commencing Monday 25 September 2017
Applications for the above post should reach us by:
12 Noon Tuesday 19 September 2017.
Curriculum Vitae are not accepted, Application Forms only.
Successful candidates will be notified within 4 weeks of the closing date.