What it’s about
We are looking for a Data Co-ordinator to co-ordinate key data processes for the Cambridge Exams Publishing unit. The Data Co-ordinator will take responsibility for overseeing data management of all Cambridge Exams Publishing’s products, train and support unit members and other colleagues in related processes and provide regular financial reporting on product performance.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What you’ll be doing
Your role will focus on overseeing data management and project structure needs in a variety of systems, and on providing team members with data relevant to their publishing planning. This will include:
• coordinating data management, sales forecasting processes, pre-press forecasting exercises and other key publishing processes as required
• carrying out data cleansing activities, working with the Product Data Manager for ELT
• working with the Product Data Manager, ELT to oversee management of core data processes undertaken by our Operations Centre based in India, checking that project structures are set up and coded correctly for Cambridge Exams Publishing’s products
• producing regular and ad hoc financial reports and analysis of product performance for the Cambridge Exams Publishing team
• supporting Publishers and Commissioning Editors in preparing new project approval paperwork for approval boards
• carrying out User Acceptance Testing on products and systems developed or used by Cambridge Exams Publishing
• taking responsibility for communication and training around all the above accountabilities to other Cambridge University Press and Cambridge Assessment departments
What we’re looking for
The Data Co-ordinator will be educated to degree level and have:
• experience of managing data across a range of systems
• experience of generating and (ideally) providing analysis of financial reports
• excellent communication and organisational skills and be comfortable liaising with colleagues at all different levels
• experience of working in a busy office and responding to ad hoc requests
• a strong customer focus, meticulous attention to detail be able to deliver projects to tight schedules
• (ideally) experience of an educational publishing environment
Who we are
Cambridge Exams Publishing is a joint educational publishing unit owned by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press.
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20 September and interviews will be held on 12 October 2017.