Head of Project Delivery
The role of the Head of Project Delivery is to ensure all projects are set up and run to correct standards, guidelines and goals set out.
Our client is a fast growing scientific research business
The jobholder will manage and lead the Project Delivery team to deliver all projects across the business, however, the majority will be research based.
- You will join at the early phase of developing a project delivery team and set up the processes to make the most of the tools, methods and skilled staff, by ensuring all our resources are used in the best possible way to support our strategic goals.
- Lead the Project Delivery team, both the direct team and the Technical/Scientific Project Managers across the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of service to the customer is monitored on a regular basis and improved on an on-going basis, including an understanding of the legal contracts in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects and programmes are delivered to time, cost, quality and benefits and that they follow the governance process.
- Responsible for ensuring that project resources are efficiently utilised so that financial targets for the company are met and current and future resource demand is managed, enabling recruitment decisions.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to deliver in line with business objectives, timescales and budgets.
- Manage and communicate issues to senior management and the board updating on project delivery and time lines
To be considered for this role you will need to display and unique skill set
- Proficient in Project Management and Business Analysis methods and techniques
- Experience of managing third party Suppliers/Vendors
- Experience in managing allocated budgets for the team
- Able to demonstrate successful business process improvements through the application of appropriate methodologies
- Technical background and experience, preferably in the life sciences sector or other scientific technologies is necessary or demonstrable understanding of scientific technologies be them chemical, physical or biological
- Excellent communication skills - a technical background is require due to the highly scientific nature of the projects being run. We need someone who can quickly understand and be educated in the content of the projects by the Technical/Scientific Project Managers
We are offering and excellent basic salary and package for the role