Senior Health Information Manager
We are looking for an excellent senior manager to lead a team to deliver health information to the public and manage a range of internal stakeholders.
Our Health Information team turn knowledge about cancer prevention, early diagnosis and screening into engaging information for the public, helping shape our communications, marketing and policy work. We also play a key role in partnering others within and outside the organisation - making sure we champion public health at every opportunity and reach those who need it most.
What is the role?
We are looking for an excellent senior manager and communicator to???
- Manage and develop a strong team and prioritise their time effectively to focus on the areas of greatest impact
- Ensure the team deliver effective support for a range of CRUK activities which use health information
- Advise internal stakeholders and manage risk - balancing public health impact with benefit and opportunities for CRUK.
- Provide expert sign off for health information content from a range of teams.
- Provide expert knowledge and understanding of cancer diagnosis, screening and prevention and advice and brief others accordingly.
- Oversee processes to ensure all health information content is evidence based and user focussed
Why this role?
It's an exciting time for the Health Information team - a group of 13 smart and ambitious individuals in a fast-paced environment. Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets, which means you'll be constantly striving to ensure that your team are translating the evidence base effectively to make sure people have all the information they need to make healthy choices.
Our team covers a huge range of topics on cancer prevention and early diagnosis -talking to the media about obesity one minute, and advising on a campaign on bowel screening the next. The variety and fast pace means there's never a dull moment, and we're always working towards cutting people's risk of dying from cancer.
What are you looking for?
You can help us beat cancer sooner if you are???
- An experienced line manager used to motivating a team and delivering through others
- An excellent verbal communicator, able to influence senior stakeholders and engage with a wide range of teams
- Comfortable with balancing risks and opportunities and advising others
- Able to work confidently and effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities to maximise the teams impact
If you can do all this and more, you'll enjoy a great career and have the opportunity to develop your skills as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
Closing date: 24th September 2017
1st interviews: W/C 2nd October
*From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Angel, to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.