We are helping build an extensive team that is working on one of the most exciting Government Digital programmes. This is a programme that will greatly enhance your current skill set and grow your professional portfolio. Training is extensive in a very forward looking environment because this
You must have good technical expertise, with hands-on involvement in developing real-world systems, and excellent interpersonal skills in order to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments.
Experience in development of transformational digital services on brownfield estates and/or rapid development and scaling of very high-volume greenfield services is ideal.
In order to qualify you need to be expert in at least three of the following 8 areas.
- Leading the design and development of solutions, considering user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a micro service based approach to service orientated architecture.
- Leading the use and selection of tools and techniques for managing and versioning designs across inter-dependent services.
- Driving the creation of products and services aligned to the Enterprise need, informing the overall Enterprise Architecture model.
- Leading the coordination of solutions between multiple development teams and products, ensuring knowledge is shared between them.
- The integration of new digital solutions with Legacy systems, including both internal and external services.
- Expert level experience and knowledge of database technologies (relational and NoSQL), distributed processing, Datamodelling, multiple data formats and standards.
- Expert in handling large datasets and scaling the handling and storage (ETL processes).
- Expert in open data concepts and the value of making data open and the increasing demands that will create.
- Research & Development
- Expert in the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches.
- Expert in seeking new skills in alternative technologies eg via online courses, formal training, hands-on exploration etc.
- Expert in 'horizon scanning' and able to identify opportunities in the use of emerging technology and its potential applications
- Participate in and proactively share insight gained with the wider IT and Government Architecture Community.
Cloud & Hosting
- Expert with all fundamental elements of hosting and consuming cloud technologies, including: design, planning, security and compliance, integration, provisioning, cloud storage, virtualisation.
- Expert in the use of the building blocks of network services and infrastructure, such as Ethernet and wireless solutions, and understand the implications for systems design in a digital environment
Risk and Security
- Expert in identifying and minimising risks in IT architectures and data management through the application of standards and policies.
- Expert on building architectures incorporating data protection, such as the protection of physical and virtual environments, disaster recovery and fast recovery of data.
- Expert in security technology, infrastructure, network build and attack prevention tools and techniques that relate to application and operating system defences.
- Expert in assessing the legal, licensing and cost consequences of technology choices (eg community edition vs enterprise editions) and possible implications caused by increased usage.
- Expert in vendor support models, for example training, maintenance and security and assessing the impact of these.
- Expert in assuring a suitably fit for purpose architectural design. Able to challenge peers and third party architectural approaches based on previous experience and knowledge.
- Expert in attending and participating in GDS assessments including other government departments.
For more information please call Shakir.