Early Diagnosis Manager (Evidence & Research)
Do you have excellent critical appraisal skills and the ability to translate and communicate complex information to inspire action?
We've got an exciting opportunity for a high performing individual to join our Early Diagnosis team, to inform and support the Early Diagnosis Strategy through appraising, distilling and communicating early diagnosis evidence, ensuring that our work to influence policy and practice for patient benefit is evidence based.
As Early Diagnosis Manager (Evidence and Research), your key responsibilities will include...
* Developing a sound knowledge of early diagnosis research evidence, data and insight
* Consolidating evidence, data and insight from early diagnosis research by synthesising findings, writing reports and working closely with internal colleagues to inform our strategy for achieving early diagnosis and to identify opportunities to translate research knowledge into policy and practice for patient benefit
* Developing and maintaining relationships with key early diagnosis researchers creating a forward looking understanding of the research landscape for early diagnosis to facilitate thought leadership and inform strategy development
* Working closely with external stakeholders (e.g. academics, clinicians and other 3rd sector organisation) to horizon scan, proactively highlighting existing research gaps and opportunities to address them.
Our Early Diagnosis Team's vision is that everyone with cancer is diagnosed as quickly and effectively as possible and has access to the optimal treatment for their case. Our focus is on translating evidence into policy and practice alongside ensuring optimal strategic direction, and this role is a great opportunity to help lead the changes that could really make a difference. There's no doubt it's an exciting time to join our team which sits in our world leading Policy and Information directorate, which is at the core of Cancer Research UK's work to help beat cancer sooner.
You can help us reach our ambitious goals through your???
* Excellent evidence searching, reviewing and critical appraisal skills of health services and scientific literature
* Fantastic ability to communicate complex information through a variety of channels
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
* Substantial experience of building effective working relationships with colleagues, researchers, health professionals and other stakeholders
* Experience of coaching, mentoring or managing others.
If you can do all this and more, you'll enjoy a fulfilling role as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2017, 23:55
Please note that as of 2019 we will be relocating from our current site in Angel, London to a new office in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.