Procurement Contract Manager
Our newly formed Procurement Contracts Management team within our Shared Services function are recruiting for a number of roles, inclusive of three Procurement Contract Managers.
In the role of Procurement Contract Manager, you will be working for either the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Shared Services department itself.
We are looking for Managers to be London or Birmingham based.
What is in it for you?
* Opportunity to shape your role and be the go to person for all aspects of procurement and contracts
* Influence business decisions and the way that we manage existing and new supplier relationships
* Showcase your research, planning and analysis skills to make sure we engage with the appropriate suppliers
* Exposure to key internal and external stakeholders, working on some exciting fundamental projects.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement Contract Management, you will lead on the procurement of items and services, supporting numerous management teams to deliver requirements across the Law Society Group.
As an established and experienced procurement professional having worked in a similar role previously, you will bring strong commercial awareness and skills to manage and develop third party supplier relationships.
You will be an expert in all aspects of procurement, inclusive of the development of the procurement strategy, and associated outputs such as tender documents, scoring matrices and risk profiles.
The ability to build partnerships as well as credibility and respect, is vital in this role. You will work closely with senior managers and key customers to assess requirements and provide expert advice in line with best practice.
Working cross functionally with other Procurement Managers you will offer clear organisation and flexibility to make sure the team delivers a quality end to end service. And using your excellent analytical skills, you will interpret complex issues and contracts and communicate these in a clear and concise way.
Having previously provided procurement and vendor support for the provision of services and goods, you will have an important role in supporting the current transformation projects we are running.
What we are looking for:
* A strong communicator, who is able to build successful relationships
* Resilience, with the ability to problem solve effectively
* A strong negotiator, who has managed multiple tender processes
* A confident, sound decision maker who can make recommendations
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter. Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
Please specify in your cover letter which location you wish to be based from, London or Birmingham.
Interviews will take place mid-end of October 2017.